Parents As Career Coaches
We hope you will join us for Parents as Career Coaches Senior High
School: Citadel High
Dates: Wednesday, November 15 & Thursday, November 16, 2017
Times: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm (Session 1) 6:30 pm – 8:40 pm (Session 2)
Location: Citadel High
Please Note: The senior high program takes two evenings to complete
You can register for an upcoming session at www.parentsascareercoaches.ca If you do not have internet
access or do not wish to register on the website, please contact the school office to add your name to the
Why should I attend a PACC session?
While others certainly play a role in a child’s career journey, studies have shown that parents have a notable
impact. PACC will provide you with:
● information, tools (student workbook & parent guide) and strategies to assist your child in making
informed career, academic and training decisions.
● a variety of web resources, which will help your child research potential careers and answer some
important questions (e.g. educational requirements, job prospects, wages etc.).
● techniques and tools to assist your child in identification of interests, skills and personal qualities.
● an understanding of how the journey from school to work has changed and what to expect, as your child
moves from school to work.
● strategies and techniques, which will help your child identify careers, which they might want to pursue.
Who should attend?
Parents (grand-parents, foster parents etc.) of students in grades 9/10 to 12.
What have other parents said about the program?
Over the past decade, over 98% rated this program as either “excellent” or “good”
"I really have no idea how a parent/child could plan a career path without this workshop!"
"Awesome program, fast paced, with excellent presentation, thoughtful delivery, answering many of the
questions I had or would have had."